Monday, May 5, 2014

Zac Brown Band - "Knee Deep" Feat. Jimmy Buffett





Zac Brown Band, I have to confess that I just really like this group. Everything they put out there is good and honest.

Knee Deep has been especially good for me in the last couple of years. After undergoing a full hysterectomy and then having to deal a few months later with a diagnosis of Lupus, and all the emotional, physical and mental stress that came with both happening so close together it has been a rough time.

Every time Knee Deep came on though, I would forget about everything and relax in the images that it created in my mind. The bright blue sky, the water, the white sand beaches and sitting in a beach chair not too far from the water watching it come closer to the chair with the tide and then back out again. It was my own few moments of paradise in the middle of the chaos that was my life.

Things are finally on an upswing for me physically, my health is stable and I am able to do so much more than I had been able to do. I still have limits that frustrate me, because I was used to trying to be super mom to three kids, and I do not have the strength or stamina to do that anymore. I fatigue very easily, but between the dozens of medicines and hormones I am now taking, I have things to a place where I can function again.

I still love this song, and this is one thing I am able to share with all my kids, because they all love this song too!

No comments:

Post a Comment