Monday, June 16, 2014

Sara Evans - Slow Me Down (Official Video)




I have loved Sara Evans for years now! So glad to see her making music again and this song is just amazing!

I love this song, even if it hits way too close to home right now. It is just something that says the words that are so hard to say to that other person when you are in the middle of a situation. In fact, it if wasn't for the fact that the other person in my life that needs to hear this didn't hate country music, I would have already have sent this too them. 

I know, how can anyone hate country music, and if I love country music so much, how can I have someone in my life that hates it so much. The same reason that I have let someone who tears me down all the time stay in my life for twenty years, I have been afraid to leave, to walk away and be on my own. To know that I failed at something I wanted to work out.

After numerous attempts at counseling and a lot of soul-searching. I listen to this song again and I realize that it is not a reflection on me if I walk away. I have to be stronger to walk away, it doesn't take anything to stay. I am not a failure, I am someone who finally realizes that I don't have to live with the hate and the snide comments all the time, I am worth more than that.

Thank you Sara Evans, for this song at the right time in my life. I am sure I am not the only one, and I am sure that there are those out there that are able to learn from this song and fix things that need to be fixed before it's too late. Maybe it can be fixed, another attempt at counseling is always an option.

Hope you all enjoy the song as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment